The Truth, Life, & Word Outreach Organization is dedicated to the educational advancement and emotional and social uplift of families who house foster-care children and families of disenfranchised populations. TLW is committed to helping families bounce back and recover from the trauma of this COVID-19 environment to arrive at a sense of tranquility, peace, and normalcy.
Our Words in Action
- Supplemented sources of food for families with ongoing needs.
- In collaboration with GDI Enterprises Corp., we purchased electronic tablets for children so that they could participate in online distance learning and continue mental health services.
- Furnished utility and rent assistance for families whose hours were reduced or lost their jobs.
- Supplied snack bags for children to offset the need for food during the day.
- Provided families with basic sanitation supplies, including but not limited items such as Lysol, Clorox wipes, masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer, to ensure the children's safety.
Our Vision for the Future
While the above initiatives demonstrate the recent accomplishments of TLW, the organization is consistently searching for meaningful opportunities to impact people’s lives. In the last committee meeting, the TLW Advisory Board earmarked the following as upcoming community service initiatives to address specific family needs during the COVID-19 season:
- Develop a food and sanitation storehouse of goods for families in need
- Offer additional utility and rental assistance for families who have been financially challenged .
- Build a technology library for families who do not have computers, electronic tablets, or residential WiFi.
- Provide school uniforms or other school attire for families in financial recovery.
- Offer additional complementary individual and family counseling sessions for uninsured families to decrease anxiety and depressive symptoms.
- Acquire a location to facilitate a COVID-19 mental health recovery program for children, a summer camp, and an after-school program-- all with the aim to stabilize the emotional and behavioral needs of the children to re-engage in the upcoming school year.